- Ph.D in Computer Science, Indiana University, 2019
- M.S. in Computer Science, Indiana University, 2010
- B.S. in Computer Science Education, Sungkyunkwan University, 2007
- 2018 - present: Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ
- Performance characterization for ML based applications by profiling and resource analysis as well as improving resource efficiency of large-scale workflow on HPC systems.
- Supervisor: Professor Shantenu Jha
- 2014 - 2018: Teaching Assistant
- Department of Intelligent Systems Engineering, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Big Data Open Source Software and Projects (Fall 2015), Cloud Computing (2017), Big Data Applications & Analytics (2017)
- Main instructors: Drs. Judy Qiu, Gregor von Laszewski, Geoffrey Fox
- 2013 Summer: Research Intern
- Microsoft Research Connections
- Developed Python library for Microsoft Azure Cloud, SimpleAzure, and integrated with python scientific packages such as Jupyter, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, scikit learn
- Mentor: Dennis Gannon
- 2010 Summer: Research Intern
- Samsung Electronics
- Conducted research into cloud computing environments supporting bioinformatics applications.
- Mentor: Kyusang Lee
- 2004 - 2008: Software Engineer
- SK Communications
- Worked on building scalable email services with efficient storage systems.
- Language: C/C++, Python, Bash Shell Scripting
- Toolkits: hdf5, mdanalysis, OpenWhisk, Kubernetes, OpenStack (Heat, Ceilometer), Ansible, Chef, Docker, CoreOS rkt, LXD, Singularity
- APIs: Amazon botocore, Azure Python SDK, Google Functions, IBM BlueMix
- Framework: Horovod, pytorch, tensorflow
Awards and Honors
- ACM Gordon Bell Special Prize for COVID-19 Research
- Being part of group work with 27 other researchers, enabling AI workflow for molecular systems on HPC resources
- US Department of Energy Secretary’s Honor Award
- Being part of the National Virtual Biotechnology Laboratory w.r.t. COVID19 therapeutics
Service and leadership
- Reviewer: Briefings in Bioinformatics, Online ISSN 1477-4054, 2018 - 2019
- Reviewer: Concurrency and Computation Practice and Experience, Online ISSN 1532-0634, 2015 - 2018
- Presentation at RIKEN AICS Youth group workshop, Kobe, Japan 2018.
- Participant at SC 17 Student Volunteer Program, Denver November 11 - 17 2017.
- IPDPS 2017 Student Travel Award, June 2017
- Presentation at ADMI Symposium on Computing at Minority Institutions, Virginia Beach, FL March 2017.
- Undergraduate Mentor Summer REU Research Program, June 2014.
- Participant at SciPy Conference, Austin, TX June 2013.
- Presentation at Targets and Tools for Therapeutic Development, Cambridge Healthtech Institute, Boston, MA March 2013.